Blogroll

Sunday 5 October 2008

What is openID?


All of us access many websites with different usernames. Since we are using different usernames , it is a problem to remember. Also it is not possible to get same useriID in different websites. If we get same usernames for different websites, it will surely simplify our internet experience. For example, I signed up many job sites during my last days of graduation. After completing my graduation, I tried to ‘sign in’ these websites. But it was impossible since I forgotten usernames of some websites even though I remember password(I used common password).
In order to solve this problem idea of OpenID was introduced. So OpenID is a open standard that lets us to ‘sign in’ different websites on web. So if you have OpenID, less usernames and passwords to remember and it also simplifies ‘sign up’ process. OpenID uses the method of identifying individuals that uses the same technology framework that is used to identify the websites.

According to the inventor of OpenID Brad Fitzpatrick, “Nobody should own this and plan to earn money from this.To help internet users must be the goal”
OpenID is becoming popular day by day. Microsoft,Sun,AOL,Novell,Yahoo,Google etc is already started to accept and provide OpenID. This indicates that OpenID will be a common name and all websites will start to accept it.

0 comments: